Recipe by **Mandy**
I'm not sure where I got this from but it is so delicious. I usually skip the browning step & just throw it in the slow cooker, the meat is so tender it flakes rather than slices, the sauce is to die for too.
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
I chose this recipe for PIC fall 2007. I got up and just through everything in the crock pot, mind you the meat was frozen and cooked look all day on low. This has to be one of my most favorites. Will be trying this again by adding carrots and potatoes to this. Thanks Mandy!
- 1 1⁄2 kg round beef roast or 1 1⁄2 kg topside steak roast
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 45 g French onion soup mix
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 375 ml beer
- 2 teaspoons cornflour (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown roast in the oil.
- Combine soup mix, sauce, seasonings, sugar & beer, blending to mix.
- Pour over the roast; cover tightly & cook in a slow oven (160.C)for 2 1/2-2 3/4 hours, turning occasionally, until tender.
- Remove meat from pan and thicken pan juices on the stove. (you may need to add some cornflour to thicken the sauce to your liking).
- Serve sliced meat with sauce.