Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from 365 One Dish Meals. Posting for ZWT3. Chicken can be used in place of pork.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut in thin strips
- 1 large onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 3 large black plums, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil until hot. Add pork and stir-fry over high heat until cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add onion and green pepper to drippings in wok and stir-fry just until crisp-tender; about 3 minutes.
- Stir in plums, jam, lemon juice, brown sugar, mustard and ginger.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Mix cornstarch and water until blended. Stir into sauce and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return pork to skillet and simmer 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve over hot cooked rice.