Recipe by Suzie_Q
When I was little, we moved into a house with a whole backyard of purple plum trees and didn't know what to do with all of them. Luckily one of the neighbours had the same problem and shared this recipe with us. It's delicious!
Top Review by pasevera
Ok! Have the SAME situation...I am inundated with plums! I made this pie recipe yesterday and I made 3 more today!!! It is great and easy!!!<br/>I make it even easier by using a trader joe's crust and just plums, sugar, flour and penzy's apple pie spice.<br/>Yummy warmed up with ice cream...tangy like a rhubarb almost.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 4 cups plums, quartered (about 20)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix plums, sugar, flour and nutmeg and pour into pie crust.
- You can leave it open or top with another crust or make a lattice top, we have tried it every way, just depends what you like.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and bake for 30 - 35 minutes more.