3 hrs 30 mins
Good with pork or poultry, and for gift giving.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs plums
- 3 medium fresh pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen-no need to thaw)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 3 sticks cinnamon, three-inches each
- 1Do not peel plums. Slice in half and remove pit.
- 2In a large flat-bottom, non-aluminium kettle, stir together all ingredients except allspice, cloves and cinnamon. Tie these in a square of double-thick cheesecloth and add to mixture.
- 3Heat mixture to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat. Simmer 2 hours, stirring frequently, until chutney is thick and syrupy. Remove spice bag and discard.
- 4Thirty minutes before end of cooking, prepare 1/2 pint jelly jars. Preheat oven to 250°F Wash jars in hot soapy water and rinse. Place on oven rack and keep warm until ready to fill.
- 5Bring water in canner to a boil.
- 6Using a ladle, fill jars to 1/4 inch of top. Wipe rims clean with a damp, clean cloth. Put lid on jar and tighten ring. Place jars in lifter rack and process in boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove jars to a wire rack and cool completely. Lids should pop. If any do not pop, store in refrigerator and use within a coouple of weeks.
- 7Store sealed jars in a dark, cool place. Label with date.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum-Pear-Cranberry Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (4874 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 62.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 61.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: