1/2 Photos of Plum Parfaits With Mascarpone Whipped Cream
These parfaits are beautiful. You feast with your eyes before food ever touches your lips. The parfaits are made with alternating layers of sliced cooked plums, toasted walnuts, and mascarpone whipped cream. The plum preparation involves only a few minutes of cooking. A quick and stunning dish all together that will knock the socks of your guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs plums, ripe
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus more if needed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped (see note)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- 1For the Mascarpone Whipped Cream:.
- 2With an electric mixer, beat the cream, mascarpone, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until peaks form. (Mascarpone cream can be made 3 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Makes about 3 cups.
- 3Toasted Walnuts:.
- 4To toast walnuts, spread on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven until fragrant and slightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove and cool. (Walnuts can be toasted a day ahead. Cool and keep covered at room temperature.).
- 5Plum Parfaits:.
- 6Halve plums lengthwise, and pit. Slice each half, lengthwise, into quarters. Then cut quarters in half crosswise.
- 7Place a large heavy skillet over medium heat until bottom of pan is hot. Add plums and sprinkle with sugar, ginger and cinnamon. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and becomes syrupy and plums are tender when pierced with a knife, about 6 minutes for medium ripe plums. (If plums are riper, the cooking time will be shorter, only about 3 minutes.) Watch carefully, and do not overcook or plums will become mushy. Remove skillet from heat and cool plums to room temperature. Taste and if desired season with more sugar. (Plums can be prepared 3 hours ahead. Leave at cool room temperature.).
- 8To assemble parfaits, use 4 sundae or wide-mouthed wine glasses. Spoon a few tablespoons of the plum mixture, including the juices, into each glass and top with a few tablespoons of the whipped cream. Sprinkle with some walnuts. Repeat this layering two more times in each glass. Garnish each parfait with a mint sprig. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Parfaits With Mascarpone Whipped Cream
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.5
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 22.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 45.8 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: