Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love using different fruits for chutneys. I guessed at the amount of jars as it was not stated in the recipe
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, sutana raisins, garlic, ginger, cinnamon stick, salt and cayenne in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours or until thickened. Stir frequently.
- Peel and seed the papayas and cut into cubes. Quarter the plums and remove the seeds.
- Add the papayas and plums to the syrup and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.
- Keep a few days before using.
I have never seen this fruit combo in chutney.. it was very good over a roasted pork loin