Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love using different fruits for chutneys. I guessed at the amount of jars as it was not stated in the recipe
- 1 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sultana raisin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 inches piece cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 lbs ripe papayas
- 2 lbs red plums
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, sutana raisins, garlic, ginger, cinnamon stick, salt and cayenne in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 1 1/2 hours or until thickened. Stir frequently.
- Peel and seed the papayas and cut into cubes. Quarter the plums and remove the seeds.
- Add the papayas and plums to the syrup and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.
- Keep a few days before using.
I have never seen this fruit combo in chutney.. it was very good over a roasted pork loin