Recipe by Annacia
Adding rum or vodka to this plum limeade makes a delicious cocktail. With or without alcohol, the limeade should be served immediately, since it will quickly darken if left standing.
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges and seeded
- 1 lb ripe plum (red or black, quartered and pitted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup cold water
- 2⁄3 cup superfine sugar (or Splenda)
- plum and lime slices and fresh mint sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend lime wedges (including peel) in a blender on high speed 10 seconds.
- Add plums, ice, water, and sugar and blend until plums are puréed, about 15 seconds.
- Pour through a very fine sieve into a pitcher, pressing on solids.
- Stir limeade and serve immediately over ice.