Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Plum jam with a zesty kick from the juice and zest of limes and fresh and dried ginger.
- 2365.9 ml Italian plums, pitted and sliced in quarters
- 1182.95 ml sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 limes, zest of (finely grated)
- 44.37 ml grated gingerroot
- 4.92 ml dried ginger
- Place all ingredients in pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly to almost the jelling point.
- This will be where you are stirring as it is still boiling for 15 minutes.
- As it thickens make sure to stir so not to burn.
- Ladle into sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.
This was good and very easy to make. I really liked the addition of lime and ginger to the plums. Next time I will reduce the amount of lime and ginger by about 1/3-1/2 as we found the flavors were overpowering.
This is now my favorite jam recipe. I've made 3 batches this summer... and have already finished 2 small pots... by myself !!! Rich in flavor.
YUMMY! Processed 30 pints of plum jam and sadly only 5 of these. But, there is a silver linning I have another plum tree ripening. Silver ball says, "More Ginger, Lime Plum Jam in the future". Thank you Rita I really enjoy this flavor.