Recipe by Rita~
Plum jam with a zesty kick from the juice and zest of limes and fresh and dried ginger.
Top Review by FlyingCook
This was good and very easy to make. I really liked the addition of lime and ginger to the plums. Next time I will reduce the amount of lime and ginger by about 1/3-1/2 as we found the flavors were overpowering.
- 10 cups Italian plums, pitted and sliced in quarters
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2 limes, zest of (finely grated)
- 3 tablespoons grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil rapidly to almost the jelling point.
- This will be where you are stirring as it is still boiling for 15 minutes.
- As it thickens make sure to stir so not to burn.
- Ladle into sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process 15 minutes in a boiling water bath.