1/3 Photos of Plum Jam Recipe - A
Nana Lee's Note:
From Peggy Trowbridge @ about.com. Take advantage of fresh plums in season to make delicious plum jam. You can use any variety of plums or mix them. *** You can also make this with Splenda granulated and Ball Fruit Jell (No Sugar Added Pectin). ***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place plums, water, lemon juice, and butter in a large non-aluminum stockpot.
- 2Stirring often, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 3Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fruit is soft.
- 4You should end up with about 4-1/2 cups.
- 5Stir in sugar. Return heat to high and bring back to a rolling boil while constantly stirring.
- 6Add pectin and return to a boil while stirring.
- 7Continue to stir and boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- 8Let rest for 1 minute, then skim off any foam.
- 9Pour even amounts into sterilized jars, leaving 1/8-inch of space at the top.
- 10Wipe rims and seal with sterilized lids.
- 11Process in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove, let cool, and label jars.
- 12Store plum jam in a cool, dry place.
- 13FOR SUGAR FREE VERSION: follow directions on No Sugar Added Pectin box.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Jam Recipe - A
Serving Size: 1 (3086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1686.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 50.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 433.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 408.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g