Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom gave me this wonderful, sweet, tender, tasty recipe for chicken thighs. A different twist on chicken- wonderful flavor! Pairs well with asian inspired side dishes.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (4-6 pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 green onions or 3 scallions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In bowl, toss thighs with five-spice powder and salt. Finely chop green onions (enough to total 2 tbsp.) reserve for garnish. Cut remainder of onions into 1 inch pieces, set aside.
- In skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add thighs and cook 10 minutes (or until browned/no pink), turning once. Transfer to plate.
- In drippings left in skillet, medium heat, cook 1 inch onion pieces 4 minutes (lightly browned). Stir in broth, jam, vinegar; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium, put thighs in pan for five-ten minutes or until syrupy. Turn chicken a few times to coat with syrup. Garnish with finely chopped green onions.
- Pairs well with asian themed side dishes, rice, vegetables.
Really good! Quick and easy to fix for a weeknight meal. Asian flavor with a punch from the balsamic vinegar. Served with rice and edamame. A great way to use up my plum jam, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!