My mom gave me this wonderful, sweet, tender, tasty recipe for chicken thighs. A different twist on chicken- wonderful flavor! Pairs well with asian inspired side dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, toss thighs with five-spice powder and salt. Finely chop green onions (enough to total 2 tbsp.) reserve for garnish. Cut remainder of onions into 1 inch pieces, set aside.
- 2In skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add thighs and cook 10 minutes (or until browned/no pink), turning once. Transfer to plate.
- 3In drippings left in skillet, medium heat, cook 1 inch onion pieces 4 minutes (lightly browned). Stir in broth, jam, vinegar; heat to boiling.
- 4Reduce heat to medium, put thighs in pan for five-ten minutes or until syrupy. Turn chicken a few times to coat with syrup. Garnish with finely chopped green onions.
- 5Pairs well with asian themed side dishes, rice, vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Good Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 498.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder