Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Tossed aside my plans for a traditional ham when I found this recipe on Christmas Eve. It was worth the last minute run to the grocery store, and will become our ham for the holidays recipe for years to come. Served with recipe Lemony Green Beans (#201257) to offset the sweet glaze and gravy from this ham. Since it was just the two of us this year, I opted for the small boneless ham, and halved the recipe and it was great, but I really do think we'll go for the bone-in ham in the future, as they tend to be a little less salty. Thanks to Taste of Home for this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Glaze: Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Place ham on rack (or on celery ribs, if you don't have a rack that fits) in shallow pan (I used a covered cast-iron pot with celery ribs to keep the ham off the bottom).
- Score surface of ham, making diamond pattern around the ham, about 1/2 inch deep.
- Spoon half of glaze over the ham.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for approximately 90 minutes.
- Remove drippings from pan and bake an additional 30 minutes (or until temp reaches 140°F), uncovered, basting 1-2 times with remaining glaze.
- Gravy: Skim fat from drippings, and combine with dissolved flour or cornstarch, stirring until thick and smooth.