1/1 Photo of Plum-Glazed Gingered Ham
2 hrs 20 mins
Tossed aside my plans for a traditional ham when I found this recipe on Christmas Eve. It was worth the last minute run to the grocery store, and will become our ham for the holidays recipe for years to come. Served with recipe Lemony Green Beans (#201257) to offset the sweet glaze and gravy from this ham. Since it was just the two of us this year, I opted for the small boneless ham, and halved the recipe and it was great, but I really do think we'll go for the bone-in ham in the future, as they tend to be a little less salty. Thanks to Taste of Home for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Glaze: Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 3Place ham on rack (or on celery ribs, if you don't have a rack that fits) in shallow pan (I used a covered cast-iron pot with celery ribs to keep the ham off the bottom).
- 4Score surface of ham, making diamond pattern around the ham, about 1/2 inch deep.
- 5Spoon half of glaze over the ham.
- 6Cover and bake at 325°F for approximately 90 minutes.
- 7Remove drippings from pan and bake an additional 30 minutes (or until temp reaches 140°F), uncovered, basting 1-2 times with remaining glaze.
- 8Gravy: Skim fat from drippings, and combine with dissolved flour or cornstarch, stirring until thick and smooth.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum-Glazed Gingered Ham
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.7
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 4346.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 41.4 g
- Protein 63.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: