Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A spicy chicken dish BBQ in the oven.
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Gingered Plum Glaze (see below)
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- Rinse chicken; dry well.
- Sprinkle generously with salt to season.
- Heat oil and butter together in a large skillet; add chicken and brown quickly on all sides.
- Arrange in shallow baking dish.
- Spoon glaze over chicken.
- Bake at 375°F, basting with glaze in pan, about 45 minutes.
- Gingered Plum Glaze: Slowly heat plum jam until it melts.
- Stir in catsup, lemon peel, lemon juice, vinegar, ginger, hot pepper seasoning, anise seed, dry mustard, cinnamon and cloves.