Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick recipe, great for using all the plums on our tree out back!
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts, one crust
- 1 lb plum, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 450°F Have a baking sheet ready.
- With a rolling pin, roll almond paste between two sheets of pastic wrap to an 8-in-diameter circle.
- Unroll pie crust directly on an ungreased cookie sheet. Peel plastic wrap from almond paste and center on pie crust.
- Arrange plums on almond paste circularly. Sprinkle with sugar; fold edges of pastry over plums, crimping dough to fit.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375F and bake 25 minutes or until crust is lightly brown and plums are juicy and tender. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Other yummy variations; Top with vanilla ice cream. Mix sugar with nutmeg before sprinkling on plums. Sprinkle plums with sliced almonds before baking.