Top Review by gabriella49fl
My neice made this in college for her roomates, Didn't have a rolling pin so she used a large long flash light...THEY ALL LOL BUT RAVED HOW DELIC... One thing to add to this is for left over dough you can roll into a long round string the thickness of a wooden spoon handle. Then cut into 1 inch pieces then drop into boiling water. Cook one minute after it comes to top. Drain and put into bread crumb mixture and you can serve with sugar or salt. Great 5 stars
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 5 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 lbs plums
- sugar cube
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and peel the potatoes.
- Mash in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, eggs, salt and melted butter and mix well to make a dough.
- Roll out quite thin and cut into rounds the diameter of a teacup.
- Remove pits from the plums and fill each cavity with a sugar cube.
- Place 1 filled plum in each round of dough and pinch edges together.
- Cook in lightly salted boiling water about 10 minutes.
- While the dumplings are cooking, mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter.
- When dumplings are cooked, drain and roll in bread-crumb mixture and then in sugar and cinnamon.
- These are a delicious accompaniment to either roast beef or roast pork.