Recipe by mollypaul
No, it doesn't have any plums...it's not supposed to. See Mr. Webster's book for confirmation.
- 2 tablespoons butter, no substitutions
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup molasses (either regular or light molasses is fine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup water, boiling
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup currants
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy; add egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add molasses.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternatively to the batter with the boiling water.
- Add raisins and currants.
- Mix well; pour into a well-greased pudding mold and steam for 90 minutes.
- Serve with any desired pudding sauce.