1/1 Photo of Plum & Date Chutney
I had never made chutney before this one, but it is so simple, no boiling, it's almost a no cook version. It will keep for up to a week in the fridge, but I doubt it will last that long!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces plums, halved,stoned and thickly sliced
- 2 ounces fresh dates or 2 ounces dried dates, stoned and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar, more to taste
- 1 large red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1Preheat grill and line the grill pan with foil.
- 2MIx the onions and oil and spread them out in the pan.
- 3Grill for 12-15 minutes or until soft and charred.
- 4Put the plum slices into a large bowl and add the hot onions with all the reamining ingredients.
- 5Leave to marinate for 1 hour, then taste and add salt and pepper, plus a little extra sugar if you like.
- 6Goes great with cold meats or stuffed into a pitta bread with a strong cheese.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum & Date Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g