Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This yummy cake can also be made with apricots or pitted bing cherries.
- 2⁄3 cup softened butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs plums, halved and pitted
For the topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the topping, combine 1 cup flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add the cold butter and cut into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan.
- Cream the soft butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- In a bowl, sift together 1-1/4 cups flour and the baking powder, then fold into the butter mixture in 3 batches.
- Pour the batter into the pan.
- Arrange the plums on top.
- Sprinkle the topping over the plums in an even layer.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the centre come out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan.
- To serve, loosen the edge of the springform and invert the cake onto a plate.
- Invert again onto a serving plate so that the topping is right-side up.
We enjoyed this cake,very moist.Will make it again.