Recipe by Dancer^
I love plums, fresh or canned, we made this last night for dinner and it turned out great.
Top Review by SaraFish
Very good! Nice, simple, easy and starightforward. Good flavor. I loved the crust and the topping are made from the same ingredients. I made it as written except I chopped the plums up. Thanks for a nice fast recipe!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans purple plums
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup raw rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain plums, reserving syrup.
- Cut plums in half and pit.
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine granulated sugar and cornstarch.
- Add 1/2 cup reserved plum syrup and lemon juice, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in plums.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture starts to boil.
- Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- With pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in corn syrup.
- Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining in bottom of ungreased 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Spread hot plum mixture evenly over crumb crust.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over plums.
- Bake at 400 degree oven about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with whipped topping or frozen yogurt, if desired.