Recipe by PCrocker
The sweet crunchy topping compliments the tartness of the plums. I serve this warm with vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by jhulaj
The recipe was a good starting point. I made a couple of changes. I used Italian prune plums and decreased the amount to 3 cups, which is about 1 lb. I also decreased the brown sugar to 1/4 cup and added a 1/4 cup white sugar. I used soften butter instead of melted butter. The resulting crisp was delicious. Fruity and not too sweet.
- 946.36 ml sliced plums
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml oats
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 0.59 ml salt
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl toss plums, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Pour into ungreased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients.
- Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Distribute topping mixture evenly over plums (I use my hands for this).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is crispy and golden brown.