Recipe by PCrocker
The sweet crunchy topping compliments the tartness of the plums. I serve this warm with vanilla ice cream.
Top Review by jhulaj
The recipe was a good starting point. I made a couple of changes. I used Italian prune plums and decreased the amount to 3 cups, which is about 1 lb. I also decreased the brown sugar to 1/4 cup and added a 1/4 cup white sugar. I used soften butter instead of melted butter. The resulting crisp was delicious. Fruity and not too sweet.
- 4 cups sliced plums
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl toss plums, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Pour into ungreased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients.
- Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Distribute topping mixture evenly over plums (I use my hands for this).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is crispy and golden brown.