Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
The sweet crunchy topping compliments the tartness of the plums. I serve this warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 4 cups sliced plums
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl toss plums, flour, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon together.
- Pour into ungreased 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients.
- Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Distribute topping mixture evenly over plums (I use my hands for this).
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is crispy and golden brown.
Excellent!! I will be making this again and again! I mixed all the filling ingredients together, and let them sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then I baked it in a 9-inch stoneware pie pan and for about 55 minutes.
Great recipe. Added a touch more sugar and butter to the crisp. Doubled the crisp. And at the end turned up the heat to 400 for 5 minutes to get it super crispy. Yummy.
Love it! I doubled the topping the first time per the other suggestions and thought it was too much. I added cinnamon to the topping, too. This is a keeper!