Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is delish on pancakes to a pork roast!Try it as an appetizer by spreading cream cheese on a searving plate the spoon the conserves on top. Serve with your favorite crackers. Top some warmed brie with the conserves. Put it inside a chocolate layer cake. Jar it for a nice gift!
- 5 cups plums, packed chopped and pitted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange, peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- orange rind, from one orange finely sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot except for pecans.
- Bing to a boil stirring till sugar is dissolved.
- Cook rapidly almost to the gelling point.
- About 15 minutes of a rolling boil while being stirred.
- Add pecans cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Adjust the caps.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- Make sure tops of jar are cover by an inch of water.
- Cool at room temperature and store in your cabinet.
- Chill after opening.
I did not use the peels, but just the zest from an orange. I used small golden plums and yellow raisins. I also added 2 ts of pectin to firm it a tiny bit.
This was great, but a little too sweet. I think the "too sweet" flavor was from the raisins. Next year I will make it with golden raisins. I love the pecans.
Since it was for the Challenge, I didn't alter the recipe but made it as posted. Very good conserve and easy to prepare. It's quite nutty and the plum flavor is intense. Nice and chunky and not too sweet. Wonderful recipe Rita.I'm sure I'll make it again.