Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just as good as my first Plum Conserves #72413! Great for gift giving!
- 8 cups pitted plums
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 1 orange, zest of, julienned and meat chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 ounce crystallized ginger, minced
- 4 ounces chopped walnuts or 4 ounces chopped pecans
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot except for nuts.
- Bing to a boil stirring till sugar is dissolved.
- Cook rapidly almost to the gelling point.
- About 15 minutes of a rolling boil while being stirred.
- Add walnuts cook and stir for 5 more minutes.
- Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Adjust the caps.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water canner.
- Make sure tops of jar are cover by an inch of water.
- Cool at room temperature and store in your cabinet.
- Chill after opening.