Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
A Plum conserve using oranges
Make and share this Plum Conserve Penn. Dutch recipe from Food.com.
- Wash oranges, remove seeds and grind.
- Pit the plums and cut in quarters.
- Combine the oranges and plums and add the sugar and raisins.
- Simmer about 1-1/2 hours.
- Add the walnuts and cook about 45 minutes longer.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Source: Pennsylvania Dutch Cook Book- Fine Old Recipes, Culinary Arts Press, 1936.
This is a very old Pennsylvania Dutch recipe that I also have in my cookbook.