Recipe by Dib's
Love this stuff!
Top Review by Tisme
I made this recipe exactly as written using blood plums. Excellent recipe, DH hates plums but loves this jam. He is eating it every morning for breakfast, as a matter of fact he opened his beloved strawberry jam by mistake and was a little disgruntled because it was the plum he wanted to use! I have already now made 3 batches of jam in 3 days now!!!! Yes its that good! Thanks DiB's.
- 6 cups peeled, sliced plums
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut up pineapple
- 1 large lemon, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine plums and sugar, let stand until juice forms-about 1 hour.
- Combine plum mixture, pineapple and lemon in a 6 quart or larger pot.
- Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until thick-around 40 minutes, or until the jell point.
- Remove from heat and stir in nuts.
- Quickly ladle into clean, hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath 15 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.