Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I found this recipe in Glamour.
- 8 firm ripe plums, pitted and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400. In a medium bowl, mix the plums, 1/4 c of sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until combined. Spoon into a 1 1/2 - 2 quart ceramic or glass baking dish. Set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1/2 c sugar. Add the buttermilk and melted butter, and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- 3. Using a large spoon, dollop the batter onto the plums. (Don't worry about covering the entire surface - the batter will spread when it bakes.)
- 4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the cobbler topping is golden and set. Remove from the oven, and immediately sprinkle the top with 1 teaspoons sugar. Serve warm, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.