- 2 lbs ripe plums, washed,quartered
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chpd.
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix syrup, sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon together.
- Toss with plums.
- Spoon into 8x8x2-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine all batter ingredients, and beat 20 strokes.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto hot plums.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Note: This cobbler is very tart, but delicious with ice cream or whipped topping.