Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from Karo syrup company.
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs ripe plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Stir the corn syrup with the corn starch and cinnamon; toss with the plums.
- Spoon the mixture into an 8"x8" baking dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the baking mix, nuts, milk and sugar; vigorously 20 strokes.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the hot plums and then bake for an addition 15 to 20 minutes.
this was very good, my plums were the Italian type, but huge in size. I made the recipe exactly, but sliced my plums into 1/8ths. Next time I will taste the plums first because mine were sour and the cobbler needed a little more sugar in the fruit mix.
This was so good. I used the Bisquick recipe # #35950. Loved the Nuts in the Bisquick! What a wonderful way to use up my plums! Thank you!