Recipe by Chef Dudo
On an Autumn Sunday afternoon we were driving in the countryside. We stopped for lunch. The dessert was Plum Clafouti. It was delicious. The perfect dessert on a perfect day. This is my version (after much trying) and it always takes me back to that wonderful day.
Top Review by Bluemonkey
This was awesome...I used a pint of blueberries in place of the plums and baked it in a glass pie plate. It was a teeny bit heavy in the middle but I am sure it was because of the glass pie plate and next time I'm going to use an 8 x 8 baking tin for better heat distribution. Husband says I can make it again and he's not a fan of custard desserts or dessert in general
- 6 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 14 pitted prunes, halved
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemons, zest of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 10 inch pie plate, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over the bottom Put the plum halves, cut side down, covering entire bottom of pie plate.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the top of the plums.
- Combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, eggs, milk, flour, lemon zest, cinnamon, vanilla.
- Stir until smooth.
- Pour over the fruit in the pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned.
- Let stand some minutes before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream and/or fresh fruit.