Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great stir fry,I found it in a food magazine and love it! I tend to change the snow peas to mixed vegetables, gives it a bit more taste. Very tasty served with rice
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 500 g chicken, sliced
- 1 cm piece gingerroot, grated
- 1⁄3 cup plum jam
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 3 cups snow peas, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Crumble chicken stock in the water heated up and stir. Stir fry half the chicken for 2 minutes. move to a bowl and repeat with the other half.
- Drain any fat in the wok, stir fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add stock, jam, soy sauce and 5 spice. Stir fry for 2 miuntes or until boiling.
- Return the chicken to the wok. Add the snow peas and cook for a further two minutes, or until hot.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game (Feb '08 - Jan '09). This was really good - DH said so and I will be making it again. I di double the sauce as our family likes saucy stir fry. I served this with recipe #209962. There are a couple of things fundamentally wrong with the recipe. The instructions tell you to stir fry onion and garlic, but the ingredient list doesn't tell how much so I guessed. The ingredient list also lists ginger, but the instructions don't tell when to use it so I added it with the onions and garlic. As an accomplished cook this wasn't a big deal, but for someone who is just learning to cook this recipe could be confusing. Regardless of these errors in posting, the recipe was good and I will make it again. Thanks for posting this.