A sweet warm end to any meal. Be sure to sift the flour before baking. Each cup of sifted flour should weight 4 ounces. If using Italian plums do double or triple the amount. If you don't have buttermilk just add 1 tablespoon to a 1 cup measuring cup then fill with milk, let sit 10 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour (12 ounces sifted flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 fresh plums (pitted, sliced or quartered)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In mixing bowl, cream sugar, oil and eggs until fluffy.
- Alternate in the buttermilk and vanilla with the sifted flour, salt and baking powder.
- Spread batter in greased and floured 9" x 14" glass pan.
- Top with rows of plum slices.
- Combine crumb topping ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumbs over plums.
- Bake at 350ï¿½ approximately 1 hour or until tested done.
- Cut and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.