Recipe by Bondnz
This recipe features on the chelsea website. It's so quick & easy to make but looks like you've been slaving for hours!! I'm posting on here so I don't have to keep flicking between sites.
Top Review by KiwiFoodie
Super easy, super tasty and presents really well. There is no liquid ingredients other than the eggs, I think this must of been a mistake. I added about 1/2 cup of milk to get a 'batter' consistancy. Just pour a bit at a time till you get the right consistanty, you want it thick enough that the plums don't sink!
- 5 plums
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- icing sugar, to dust cake
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Halve and stone the plums, then slice. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside while preparing the batter.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Arrange the plums over the mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with plain yoghurt or whipped cream.