Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe features on the chelsea website. It's so quick & easy to make but looks like you've been slaving for hours!! I'm posting on here so I don't have to keep flicking between sites.
- 5 plums
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- icing sugar, to dust cake
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Halve and stone the plums, then slice. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Set aside while preparing the batter.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Arrange the plums over the mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or cold with plain yoghurt or whipped cream.
Super easy, super tasty and presents really well. There is no liquid ingredients other than the eggs, I think this must of been a mistake. I added about 1/2 cup of milk to get a 'batter' consistancy. Just pour a bit at a time till you get the right consistanty, you want it thick enough that the plums don't sink!