Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 8 medium plums, halved
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix flour and sugar, and cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Add one egg, and stir with a fork until blended.
- Pat into a 9" quiche pan and sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Place halved plums on top.
- Beat together two eggs, sour cream and sugar.
- Pour filling over plums.
- Bake at 350 for 1-1/4 hours, then brown at 375 for 10 minutes.
This is a good basic receipe, but the bake time is really far out. My oven is tested to correct thermometer heat.The oven was preheated to 350 degrees and this "cake" was done after 45 minutes and brown too!! 1 1/4 hrs plus 10 minutes is 40 minutes too long!! Had I not been watching it, it would have been a disaster!! Having ignorned your time instructions, it actually turned out quite nice, but more like a pie than a cake. Will try it with peaches next time.