Recipe by dojemi
This classic is usually made with blueberries but sweet plums make a delicious alternative. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or yogurt. Although cook time says 50 minutes it could be anywhere between 40-50 minutes, so check after 40 minutes. For the batter, be sure to have eggs and butter at room temperature.
- 59.14 ml packed light brown sugar
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 29.58 ml unsalted butter
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.59 ml kosher salt
- 118.29 ml finely chopped pecans
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 78.07 ml whole milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature (3/4 stick)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 453.59 g whole plum, pitted, large dice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- For the topping:
- Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, work brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and salt together until ingredients come together but some pea-size pieces remain. Stir in pecans, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the batter:
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
- Whisk together milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
- Combine sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, letting the first completely incorporate before adding the second.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined; scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Pour in 1/2 of the milk mixture and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Repeat, alternately adding dry and wet ingredients and ending with dry ingredients, until completely incorporated.
- Remove bowl from mixer, fold plums in until coated and evenly distributed, and turn into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over batter and bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at least 20 minutes before serving.