1 hr 10 mins
This classic is usually made with blueberries but sweet plums make a delicious alternative. Serve with ice cream, whipped cream or yogurt. Although cook time says 50 minutes it could be anywhere between 40-50 minutes, so check after 40 minutes. For the batter, be sure to have eggs and butter at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the middle of the oven.
- 2Coat an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
- 3For the topping:
- 4Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, work brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon, and salt together until ingredients come together but some pea-size pieces remain. Stir in pecans, cover, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5For the batter:
- 6Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
- 7Whisk together milk and vanilla extract in a small bowl until evenly combined; set aside.
- 8Combine sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until light in color and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 9Add eggs one at a time, letting the first completely incorporate before adding the second.
- 10Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined; scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 11Pour in 1/2 of the milk mixture and mix on low until just incorporated.
- 12Repeat, alternately adding dry and wet ingredients and ending with dry ingredients, until completely incorporated.
- 13Remove bowl from mixer, fold plums in until coated and evenly distributed, and turn into prepared baking dish.
- 14Sprinkle topping evenly over batter and bake until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- 15Remove from the oven and let cool at least 20 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Buckle With Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.9
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 277.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 42.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g