Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is almost more of a cake than a bread. I developed the recipe after receiving an unexpected plethora of plums.
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9x5 loaf pan by greasing and flouring, or lining with baking paper.
- Sprinkle the chopped plums with 1 tablespoon of flour. Mix until each piece is thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the margarine, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the flour to the egg mixture in small portions, alternating with spoons of yogurt.
- Fold in the plums and spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar over all and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.