Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make sure to use black plums as they will turn pink when they bake and will look beautiful. The plums and blueberries can be replaced with peaches. This is a very pretty cake.
- Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Grease a 9 inch cake pan. In the prepared pan, combine 3 tablespoons butter and brown sugar.
- Place pan inside preheated 350 degrees oven until the butter melts and begins to bubble. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the 1/3 cup butter and 1 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg then stir in the vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately withe the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Arrange plums around the edges of the prepared pan, overlapping slightly.
- Distribute the blueberries in the center.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, covering fruit completely.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.