1 hr 10 mins
Make sure to use black plums as they will turn pink when they bake and will look beautiful. The plums and blueberries can be replaced with peaches. This is a very pretty cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
- 2Grease a 9 inch cake pan. In the prepared pan, combine 3 tablespoons butter and brown sugar.
- 3Place pan inside preheated 350 degrees oven until the butter melts and begins to bubble. Set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, cream together the 1/3 cup butter and 1 cup white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg then stir in the vanilla.
- 5Beat in the flour mixture alternately withe the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- 6Arrange plums around the edges of the prepared pan, overlapping slightly.
- 7Distribute the blueberries in the center.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pan, covering fruit completely.
- 9Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 10Cool 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Blueberry Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.2
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 166.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g