Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
From Cooking Light's 1994 Annual Cookbook. This sounds so different that I had to post it. I love walnuts and I love plums and this recipe actually looks pretty easy. Give it a shot! You have to let part of the mixture sit for 30 minutes, but I am not adding that into the prep or cook time.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 4 lbs purple plums, pitted and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup oats, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Add plums and gently toss to coat. Add lemon juice and toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Combine oats, flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon plum mixture into a 2 1/2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Cover; bake @ 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Sprinkle oat mixture over plums. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.