Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is for those of you who enjoy cold fruit soups! If you're one of those who've never tried this kind of soup, don't knock it until. . .well, just until! Such soups are great! Preparation time does not include time it takes for the finished soup to get cold.
- 3⁄4 lb plum (I like Santa Rosa)
- 3⁄4 lb peach (I prefer O'Henry)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (2 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (or less)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec (or other orange or peach flavored liqueur)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Peel plums & peaches, then cut into chunks & discard pits.
- In 3 or 4 quart saucepan, combine fruit, 1 cup water, wine, cinnamon stick & lemon juice.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover & simmer about 15 minutes or until fruit mushes easily.
- Remove from heat, & discard cinnamon stick.
- Pour fruit mixture into blender, & blend until smooth.
- Meantime, in a small container, stir together cornstarch & 1 tablespoon water.
- Return puree to saucepan, then stir in sugar & cornstarch/water mixture.
- Cook & stir over high heat about 5 minutes or until mixture boils & thickens.
- Remove from heat & skim off foam.
- Stir in liqueur & cream.
- Cover & refrigerate until cold, then serve.