Recipe by djmastermum
I love this cheesecake, it tastes as good as it looks!
Top Review by On-the-Mark
The ultimate in delicious!!! I could only find plums in light syrup so I added the juice of the orange that I used for the zest, a tablespoon of grand marnier and a bit of sugar and boiled until it reduced by half then I drizzled it over the sliced cheesecake. The cheese cake itself is amazing. Super smooth and creamy. I baked it in a water bath at 300 F and used graham crackers for the crust. Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 150 g plain sweet biscuits
- 80 g butter, melted
- 825 g dark plums in heavy syrup
- 2 (250 g) packets cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange, rine
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 3 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 23cm spring form tin.
- Process biscuits.
- add butter and process til just combined.
- Press into tin.
- Refrigerate about 20 mins.
- Heat over to slow.
- Drain plums in large bowl
- Reserve juice for syrup.
- Halve plums and remove the stones.
- Combine rest of ingredients except almonds.
- Beat 5 mins til sooth, thick.
- Pour into tin.
- Place plums on top.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake in slow oven about 50 - 60 minutes.
- Cool in oven with door ajar.