Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A light upside down ginger pudding.
- 300 g butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 200 g butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 kg ripe plum (or equialent canned black dorris plums)
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger (Can substitute for cardamom, cinnamon cloves, nutmeg)
- Pre heat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Melt 300g butter and mix in brown sugar and cook over a low heat for a few minutes.
- Spread sugar mix over base of a lined cake tin.
- Halve and de-stone plums/ canned plums, drain well and place cut side down on the sugar mix.
- In a cake mixer Cream 200g butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs (one at a time stirring between each. Add the milk, then dry ingredients.
- Pour ontop of the plums and sugar mix.
- Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 45 minutes.
- When cool turn out of the cake tin.
- Note: Served best warm, its fine to reheat in the microwave.
- Note: Plums can be substitued with apricots, peaches or any other fleshy fruit.