4 hrs 30 mins
Cat R.'s Note:
Stolen from Dan Lepard's Guardian cookery piece. It looks yummy, I haven't tried it though. Prep time looks long because it includes around 4 hours chill time before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stone and roughly chop plums.
- 2In a pan, place the chopped plums and water then slowly bring up to a simmer and cook for around 10 minutes. Let the mixture reduce by a third to a half.
- 3Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 4Whisk milk with 50 of the sugar, egg yolks, cornflour and vanilla. Tip into a fresh pan and bring to the boil - whisk continually.
- 5Remove from the heat then stir in the cooled plum. Set aside until cold - can put in fridge.
- 6Stir together egg whites and remaining sugar, then heat in a bowl over hot water until piping hot. Alternatively, heat in 3 short burst in the microwave on high setting, stirring every 10 seconds.
- 7Beat the egg mixture with a whisk (electric or man power) until it becomes a thick glossy meringue.
- 8Beat cream until thick.
- 9Fold the plum mixture and chopped ginger through the meringue, then gently fold through the cream.
- 10Divide between 6 containers (recipes suggests whiskey tumblers - you can use this as a size guide for choosing whichever pot you prefer) and chill for 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum and Ginger Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 125.9 mg
- Sodium 60.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 32.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: