Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This desert is a delicious way to use summer plums and blueberries. We like it served warm with ice-cream for desert or cold with sour cream for breakfast. Original recipe printed in Bon Appetit (October, 1984). Prep time includes refrigeration and standing time (30-60 minutes)
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup well-chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
For Fruit Filling
- 2 1⁄2 cups red plums, slightly under ripe,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Make topping first.
- Using a food processer and chopping blade, grind almonds using on/off turns.
- Add flour, sugar and butter through feed tube.
- Process until mixture starts to cling together (1 minute).
- Transfer topping mixture to bowl and crumble with a fork.
- Chill at least 30 minutes while preparing fruit filling.
- To make filling: Combine filling ingredients (plums- cinnamon) in a bowl.
- Let stand 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour fruit filling into 2 quart baking dish.
- I use a corning ware casserole dish.
- Crumble topping over fruit.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
A great way to use summer fruits. I served a Margarita Dip Margarita Dip on it.Very easy to make.
This dish is tart and sweet. A nice combination. I used pluots instead of plums, and added some lemon rind to the filling. I also doubled the amounts for the topping, as we love the 'crisp'. Overall a nice brunch or late night snack. Thanks for Sharing!