1/2 Photos of Plum and Blueberry Crisp
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This desert is a delicious way to use summer plums and blueberries. We like it served warm with ice-cream for desert or cold with sour cream for breakfast. Original recipe printed in Bon Appetit (October, 1984). Prep time includes refrigeration and standing time (30-60 minutes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup whole almond
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup well-chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
For Fruit Filling
- 1Make topping first.
- 2Using a food processer and chopping blade, grind almonds using on/off turns.
- 3Add flour, sugar and butter through feed tube.
- 4Process until mixture starts to cling together (1 minute).
- 5Transfer topping mixture to bowl and crumble with a fork.
- 6Chill at least 30 minutes while preparing fruit filling.
- 7To make filling: Combine filling ingredients (plums- cinnamon) in a bowl.
- 8Let stand 30 minutes before proceeding.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 10Pour fruit filling into 2 quart baking dish.
- 11I use a corning ware casserole dish.
- 12Crumble topping over fruit.
- 13Bake 40-45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum and Blueberry Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1083.8
- Calories from Fat 443
- Total Fat 49.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 24.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 100.5 g
- Protein 13.0 g