Recipe by Rinshinomori
We have a Satsuma plum tree in our backyard that produces loads of plums every year. I'm always trying to come up with new ways to preserve plums. You can mix dried blueberries, dried cherries and or raisins. This is also great to serve over plain or vanilla yogurt as shown in one of my photos as a light dessert or intermezzo.
- 3 lbs plums, cleaned, seeded and cut in half
- 1 apple, peeled, seeded and cut in 1/2 inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup dried blueberries or 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 hot green pepper, chopped (such as jalapeno, Korean, Hatch)
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly and cut in quarters
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring the mixture to boil.
- Turn down heat to simmer and cook for 1 hour. The mixture should be reduced to about half.
- Sterilize the jar and lids.
- Fill and seal jars and process in boiling water bath for 30 minutes.