1/1 Photo of Plum and Almond Tart
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 20 mins
This is out of "The Summertime Cookbook" I make it for special occasions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour into bowl, cut in butter, add egg yolk and enough water to mix to a dry dough.
- 2Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead lightly until smooth, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Roll pastry large enough to line a 9-inch flan pan, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile halve and seed plums, drain on absorbent paper.
- 5Combine almonds, sugar, lemon rind and egg in bowl, mix to a paste.
- 6Combine extra sugar and cinnamon thoroughly.
- 7Spread almond mixture into pastry case, top with plums, dot with butter, sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- 8Bake in 375°F oven about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Dust with powdered sugar, serve warm or cold with shipped cream and sliced almonds.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum and Almond Tart
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.5 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 7.3 g