Recipe by teresas
This is out of "The Summertime Cookbook" I make it for special occasions.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I love plums, I don't seem to include them in much of my baking, so this recipe was a treat, both in the making the recipe & the tasting of tart itself! We both loved the combo of plum & almond, & I look forward to making it to share with others the next time around! Obviously, it's a keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water, approximately
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) cans purple plums, drained
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, extra
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour into bowl, cut in butter, add egg yolk and enough water to mix to a dry dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead lightly until smooth, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry large enough to line a 9-inch flan pan, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile halve and seed plums, drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine almonds, sugar, lemon rind and egg in bowl, mix to a paste.
- Combine extra sugar and cinnamon thoroughly.
- Spread almond mixture into pastry case, top with plums, dot with butter, sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake in 375°F oven about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve warm or cold with shipped cream and sliced almonds.