Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty summertime dessert. Can easily be made vegan by replacing butter with a non-dairy margarine.
Make and share this Plum Amaretto Upside Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 12 -16 Italian plums, pitted and halved
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk (or soak 1/4 c almond meal in 1 c water, add entire mixture)
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup Amaretto
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Melt butter in a 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over melted butter and arrange plums on top.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add wet and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter over plums.
- Bake at 350F for about 50 minutes, or until inserted fork comes out clean.
- Let cool about 10 minutes, then invert and serve. Goes great with whipped cream.