Recipe by Lalaloula
These muffins are crispy, yet soft with a gorgeous fruity-sweet taste. They are easy to make and sure to impress guests at any occasion due to their special flavour.
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
Yum! These are great muffins with an elegant flavor combo. I used two really soft ripe (unpeeled) plums and plain greek yogurt. I don't really know what an Amerettini is, but I found a crispy almond cookie in the grocery store called a windmill and that worked out just fine. (Probably any crumbly cookie you like would be good.) I made jumbo muffins (6) and baked them at 375 for 25 minutes. Next time I make these, I'll add more sugar as I'm quite a sweet tooth. And I'll chop my plums a little smaller -- about blueberry size would be perfect. Made for Veg*n Swap 25. Thanks for posting Lalaloua!
- 250 g plums
- 150 g amarettinis (miniature italian almond biscuits)
- 150 g flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 200 g yoghurt
- 100 g sugar
- 75 ml oil (preferably rape-seed oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Wash the plums and cut them into small cubes. Crush 100g of the amarettinis in a freezer bag until they are very small. Crush the remaining 50g coarsely and put aside.
- Mix the small crumbs with flour and baking powder in a big bowl. Add the plums.
- In a second bowl mix the eggs, yoghurt, sugar and oil. Add the flour mixture.
- Either grease the muffin pan or line it with muffin paper bun cases. Fill in the dough and sprinkle it with the coarse biscuit crumbs.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown.